Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Patch Testing started


Well Evan went to Childrens in Boston yesterday to get his patches on for the patch testing. They are testing dairy, wheat, eggs, apples, bananas, soy and oats. I take them off tomorrow but so far, no sign of any kind of aggitation with them. Unfortunately I cannot see if he is already reacting to them, although it looks like he could be to 5 out of the 7. So I guess we'll see about it. I take him back to Boston on Thursday to get them removed and his Doctor will evaluate it. He is still solely on breastmilk, and only weighs 17 lbs, according to his pediatrician in his 5th percentile on height. He is really only maintaining now. But I did get a sample of Neocate Nutra which I will try after Thursday and hopefully that will do it. It is for people with protein intolerances. It is all amino acid based... hopefully we'll be okay with that one!

4 comments:

  1. I am so anxious to hear how the patch testing turns out for you. We have A's patch testing the first week of November for dairy and soy. Does it bother him to have them on his back or has he forgotten that they are there? Good luck with the Neocate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see the outcome. We need to get our testing scheduled. I am so nervous to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really like they are not even there. I just took them off and he reacted to 5 out of 7 of them. They did not bother him at all. And there is no risk at all. I go back into Boston tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm anxious to see the results. Our next appt is in the middle of November.

    I called a couple weeks ago and got some samples of Nutra. Miles LOVES it. He wont touch the actually formula, but he likes the cereal. I have been mixing it with his safe foods but so far so good. It really helps to fill him up a little more and get him a few extra calories. I hope Evan likes it too.

    ReplyDelete