Friday, October 16, 2009

Update on Patch Testing

Well, his doctor informed us he was negative for everything, BUT he obviously definately has FPIES, the reason why is because it is experimental and some kids react while others do not. Now, I am just annoyed with the whole process. But I also got a free sample of the Neocate Nutra that I will try when I have a day off. We'll see how that goes. He is seeing a nutritionist nest week who is actually familiar with FPIES, so I am trying to stay positive. But yeah the patch testing failed.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer.. I'm sorry you have no real answers. I hate that.
    We got some samples of Nutra too. Miles LOVES it! He wont drink the formula but he eats the nutra. I've only tried it once plain. I normally mix in just a touch of one of his foods. I like that it gives a little calorie boost and also some added vitamins.
    You can also call Neocate and ask for a sample, they sent us a WHOLE box of sample packs. I was shocked and sooo happy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was annoyed by the patch testing process as well. My daughter was negative as well and still our allergist didn't want to challenge anything...so a whole lot of stress for all of us for really no gain.

    ReplyDelete